Fela Anikulapo Kuti’s little girl, Motunrayo Anikulapo has answered a man who contrasted her dad with Davido. The man expressed that artist Davido is obviously better than the amazing artist, Fela Anikulapo Kuti
Efe Kpokpogri, a web client said “They state Fela is superior to Davido. That is an untruth. Davido is better”.
His announcement clearly maddened Fela’s little girl, Motunrayo and she didn’t sit around idly to made her emotions known.
Candidates need a decent order of composed and communicated in English, while German language aptitudes are not required. English capability tests for non-local speakers are suggested, for example, TOEFL test with a score of 95+ (web based), 240+ (PC based) or 587+ (paper-based), IELTS testament with a band score 7.0+, or Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE).
- Applications Deadline: January 4, 2019
- Course Level: Positions are available to pursue PhD programs.
- Study Subject: Positions are awarded to study any of the courses offered.
- Scholarship Award: PhD researchers are fully funded through an initial 3-year working contract with the MDC. In many cases contracts are extended for an additional year. All PhD researchers are expected to complete their doctoral research and thesis in 4 years. Salaries are competitive to national standards and there are no tuition fees.
- Nationality: Positions are available to students all around the world.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Positions are available to students all around the world.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Applications are invited from candidates who have completed or are in the process of completing a Master degree in chemistry, biology, informatics, or some related field. For detailed requirements please visit the pages of the application portal.
- Applicants are required to hold or obtain within 6 months of the interview week a university degree equivalent to a Master Degree (?75% or German score of at least ‘good’, <2,5 of 5) including a written research thesis.
- Applicants still studying should anticipate receiving their degree not later than 6 months after the interview date.
- Graduates having completed their degree must upload with the application package a scanned copy of the certificate as well as transcript including marked coursework from university. Students still enrolled in their undergraduate program must upload a provisional certificate stating the examination marks already obtained.
- Applicants shall at the time of interview be in the first four years of their research careers and not yet been awarded a doctoral degree, according to the European Commission’s definition of early-stage researchers.
- Please note that candidates, who have previously been invited for interviews, will not be considered for further interview.
- Language skills: Applicants need to have a good command of written and spoken English, while German language skills are not required. English proficiency tests for non-native speakers are recommended such as TOEFL test with a score of 95+ (internet-based), 240+ (computer-based) or 587+ (paper-based), IELTS certificate with a band score 7.0+, or Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE).
MDC Master students and MDC interns
- MDC Master students and MDC interns who have been working or registered at the MDC during the past 2 years longer than 3 months until the PhD interview week at MDC, are not eligible to apply to the international MDC Program. Instead, they are considered internal students and may apply for internal PhD fellowship positions. Short-term interns who have been working or registered at the MDC for less than 3 months until interview week are eligible to apply to the Int. PhD program if they apply to a different research group. Short-term interns who wish to join the research group they have been affiliated before are not eligible for the Int. PhD Program and are recommended to apply for an internal PhD fellowship position.
The most effective method to Apply: The required application archives are depicted in the activity ad for each publicized position and incorporate into general an examination intrigue letter, CV, training, and contact subtleties of two arbitrators. Applications by means of email can shockingly not be accepted.After accommodation of your application, you will get a programmed email affirming that your application has been gotten. To be qualified for audit, your application must be submitted before the due date expressed in the activity promotion.
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages).
- Transcript (record of study including scores) AND degree certificate of Bachelor degree, Vordiplom or equivalent. Applications lacking marked transcripts cannot be further processed.
- Transcripts (record of study including scores) AND degree certificate of Master degree, Diploma or equivalent in German or English. If you have not completed yet your Master’s program, you have to provide temporary transcripts including scores. Applications lacking marked transcripts cannot be further processed.
- Two letters of recommendation: Complete all contact detail fields of 2 referees in the application portal and your referees will automatically receive a request for letter of recommendation. Please make sure that references arrive on time! References arriving after the reference deadline will not be processed and applications will be considered incomplete.