Video of Shocking moment US gymnast breaks both legs while competing
A star athlete has needed to resign from the game after she broke both her legs and disengaged both her knees amid her floor routine at the NCAA rivalry.
Samantha Cerio, an athlete at Auburn University must be trucked out of Friday’s NCAA aerobatic local in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, on a stretcher after the mishap. The 5-foot senior from Huntersville, North Carolina, was endeavoring a handspring twofold front on her first tumbling pass when she landed ponderously and endured the grisly damage.
Trainers and medical staff tended to Cerio for almost 10 minutes before she was taken off the floor on a stretcher.
Cerio later took to Instagram late Sunday to announce that she will be retiring as a gymnast.
Friday night was my final night as a gymnast. After 18 years I am hanging up my grips and leaving the chalk behind. I couldn’t be prouder of the person that gymnastics has made me to become. It’s taught me hard work, humility, integrity, and dedication, just to name a few. It’s given me challenges and road blocks that I would have never imagined that has tested who I am as a person. It may not have ended the way I had planned, but nothing ever goes as planned.
Thank you Auburn family for giving me a home and a chance to continue doing the sport that will always be my first love. I am honored to have had the privilege to represent the navy and orange AU for the past 4 years with my team by my side. Thank you for letting me share my passion with you. Thank you for letting me be a part of something bigger than myself.
War Eagle Always.
Watch the moment she broke her leg in the video below.
Deadline: 1 May 2019 (annual)
Study in: UK
Course starts September 2019
University of Sussex Chancellor’s International Scholarships are available in the majority of Sussex Schools, and are awarded on the basis of academic performance and potential to non-EU international students who have applied for and been offered a place for eligible full-time Postgraduate Taught degrees at the University of Sussex.
University of Sussex, United Kingdom
Level/Field(s) of study:
Taught full time Masters programmes offered at University of Sussex Schools EXCEPT the following:
- • Corruption, Law and Governance LLM (delivered in Qatar)
- • Development Studies MA
- • Early Years in Education MA
- • Globalisation, Business and Development MA
- • Governance, Development and Public Policy MA
- • Power, Participation and Social Change MA
- • Poverty and Development MA
- • Masters degrees in Social Work (if receiving a NHS bursary)
- • PGCE courses
- • Schools direct teaching courses
- • Any Masters funded by the research councils (e.g. those receiving ESRC 1+3 funding are not eligible)
- • Any Masters at Brighton and Sussex Medical School.
Number of Scholarships:
Non-UK/EU International students
The scholarship is 50% off international student tuition fee. Scholarships are offered for one academic year.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
• be classified as overseas for fee purposes.
• have accepted a place on a full time eligible Masters, commencing at the University of Sussex in September 2019.
• have excellent grades (UK first class or equivalent)
• have clear and specific goals with defined links to your course.
As there are limited scholarships available, this scholarship is extremely competitive (for 2018 entry, the University received more than 800 applications for only 25 awards).
To be considered for the Chancellors International Scholarship, you must complete the online scholarship application form. The deadline is 1 May 2019 23:59 GMT.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the online application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.sussex.ac.uk