Kingsley Moghalu: Nigerian Youths Were My Greatest Disappointment
The presidential candidate of the Young Progressive Party (YPP), Professor Kingsley Moghalu, has taken a swipe at Nigerian youths for the role they played during the recently held general elections.
Moghalu, who was a visitor on Channels Television’s Politics Today, lamented that the youthful populaces did not make their quality felt amid the surveys.
In his words:
“The biggest disappointment was with the youths. The youth vote was absent. They make a lot of noise, they rant and rail but you will not see them on the voting day. And when they vote, they don’t vote in line with their rhetoric,”.
Whenever inquired as to whether the surveys saw improvement when contrasted with 2015, Moghalu noticed that bedlam damaged some surveying focuses combined with a supposed hierarchical productivity and viability in the blink of an eye before the beginning of casting a ballot.
“The organisational efficiency and effectiveness of the election was generally weak. We saw it. First, it was postponed at the last minute and in many parts of the country, there was chaos at the polling booths especially in rural areas.”
ACBT funding for International Students in Australia
Are you looking for opportunities and ways to finance your education in Australia? You can apply for the ACBT funding for International students funded by the Edith Cowan University.
The program is open for the students, who want to study an undergraduate coursework degree offered by the School of Business and Law, School of Engineering, or School of Science at ECU.
Established in 1991, Edith Cowan University is an Australian public university. It has grown rapidly into a quality university with excellent student satisfaction and internationally recognized research. It is consistently ranked in highest star rating for teaching quality.
Why at Edith Cowan University? ECU offer candidates opportunities for growth, achievement and reward to ultimately help them to reach their potential. It provides varied pathways for career advancement and professional development.
- University or Organization: Edith Cowan University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate coursework degree
- Award: $5,000 off in tuition fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Application Deadline: December 12, 2019
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The bursaries are open to study the undergraduate coursework degree in any subject offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: The applicant must have completed the certificate IV/foundation program or have completed four or more units in the Diploma (or Advanced Diploma) at ACBT in Sri Lanka. Applicant must be intending to study an undergraduate course offered by ECU’s School of Business and Law, School of Engineering or School of Science. Applicant must be commencing study on-campus at ECU Joondalup campus.
- the funding opportunity recipient must be continuously enrolled in their original course of application and be in continuous good standing academically and financially to maintain their scholarship.
How to Apply
- How to apply: Eligible candidates can apply for the merit-based awardss after taking admission at the university through the application portal. On the application portal, select apply for course entry and then ECU Admissions will send an offer letter to the successful scholar. After receiving the offer letter, students will automatically be considered for the merit-based awards.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must have to submit their qualification certificates, a CV and a personal statement.
- Admission Requirements: For admission at the university, all students must have the A-levels in General Studies and the minimum GPA requirement for admission.
- Language Requirement: To study, it is essential for the candidates to communicate in English effectively in an academic environment.
- Benefits: The grants will provide a discount of $5,000 in the tuition fees each year for the duration of the course.