Full Shortlisted Names For Candidates Sitting For Senator OBA Scholarship Qualifying Examination Released. [See Details]
Full Details about the qualifying examination for the second phase of Senator Bassey Albert (OBA) scholarship scheme, has been released.
An announcement discharged by the administration advisory group, demonstrates that 1150 competitors will share in the passing examination slated for May, 2019.
An aggregate of 1449 understudies connected for the second period of the plan, with 61% of the candidates male, while 39% were female. This, as indicated by the coordinators is a critical improvement to what was possible in 2016, where 79% of the candidates were male, while 21% were female.
After a thorough screening exercise, candidates who did not meet the laid out qualification conditions, were precluded. The criteria for screening depended on: age, start, nature of organization and program, and generally speaking nature of utilization they submitted.
It was accumulated that around 300 of the candidates were over the predefined age limit, while 24 were not for Akwa Ibom. The announcement likewise featured that 34 of the candidates screened out were understudies from Private Institutions of realizing, which is against the arrangement of the plan, which spins around State and Federal claim organizations.
No less than 50 candidates were apparently last year understudies, and were consequently exempted from the examination, in light of coherent thinking that recipients of the second stage may almost certainly get to assets from the 2019/2020 scholastic session. It is of note that the last year understudies would have graduated before the finish of the 2018/2019 session.
Other people who were excluded were because of their failure to finish their application precisely in accordance with the predetermined prerequisites. A portion of the candidates transferred unimportant archives and provided clashing data regarding their time of study.
It could be reviewed that 140 students were recipients of the first period of the plan, with 80% of them expected to finish their program in the following couple of months. The plan has so far created Graduate Engineers, Pharmacists, Medical assistants and so on. Four of the primary arrangement of recipients additionally packed away five star respects.
Understudies who connected for the Scholarship are required to visit www.senatoroba.org, to check their application status. Date and scene for the examination will be conveyed to fruitful candidates.
International applicants are invited to apply for the Australian Alumni International Scholarship 2019. The student funding is funded by the Edith Cowan University.
The student funding is open to students who have previously completed an education program in Australia and want to pursue an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree at the university.
Established in 1991, ECU is an Australian public university. It has grown rapidly into a quality university with excellent student satisfaction and internationally recognized research. The university was named after Edith Dickeys Cowan, the first woman to be elected to an Australian Parliament.
Why at Edith Cowan University-The university provides the ideal learning environment for candidates who want to reach their potential. Here students can expect placement opportunities, fieldwork, practicum, and networking events as part of their studies.
- University or Organization: Edith Cowan University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree
- Award: 20% reduction in tuition fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: International Students
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Application Deadline: July 30, 2019
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: International Students are eligible to apply for this sponsorship.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The student funding is available to pursue undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree in any subject offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for the merit-based awards, the candidates must be commencing study at ECU in an undergraduate degree or postgraduate coursework degree. Applicant must meet ECU’s academic direct admission requirements for the course of your choice. Applicant must be intended to study at ECU Joondalup, ECU Mount Lawley, or ECU South West (Bunbury).
- The candidate must have completed one of the following courses in Australia at time of application: recognized English course (minimum 10 weeks), study abroad program, university foundation program, secondary schooling, certificate, diploma, advanced diploma, associate degree at any VET provider, undergraduate degree, graduate certificate, graduate diploma or Master degree or Off-shore AQF award, Completed 6 months at an Australian University.
How to Apply
- How to apply: To apply for the merit-based awards, candidates must need to take admission at the university. When the university approves your ECU course application you’ll automatically be assessed for this sponsorship by our Admissions Office. No separate application is required.
- Supporting Documents: There are no supporting documents required for the merit-based awards.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants can apply for the admission at the university in their chosen course through the ECU Online Application Portal. Applicants must need to submit a 300-word research abstract and a 2-page research proposal, information about your work, academic history, and qualifications and references from any publications with the application.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you will need to provide evidence of your English language proficiency. This can be done by undertaking the Academic IELTS test.
- Benefits: The sponsorship will give the 20 percent reduction in tuition fees for the duration of course at ECU.