How I Almost Lost My First Daughter – Omotola Jalade Ekehinde
Nollywood star, Omotola Jalade -Ekeinde has narrated how she almost lost her daughter Princess Ekeinde, at barely one-year-old.
Her first daughter, Princess Ekeinde recently graduated at 22, and Omotola went went down memory lane, recalling how she almost lost Princess at barely one-year-old. She narrated:
“It all started with her running a temperature. I can’t remember how many hours anymore. She is our first child and we had not much experience. We gave her some medication, but she didn’t seem to get better. Then suddenly, she slipped into what seemed to be a coma. I panicked, we all did, even neighbours and everyone, was screaming and suggesting all sorts.
“She was clenching her teeth fiercely, then an old woman we knew in the neighborhood suggested we put a spoon and pour salt into her mouth (totally wrong move. Please do cold shower instead). We rushed her to the hospital, and at first, the doctors were a bit reluctant (I guess they thought it was a lost case). However, almost without much hurry, she was worked on and miraculously, she came back!
“We were told it was ‘high fever’ (and) it had affected her brain and she could probably not develop normally or be able to catch up with her peers. Short of saying (turning into) vegetable. As people of faith, we called on God, used proper medication and most importantly, applied extra lessons and treated her normal as others.”Continuing, the mother of four revealed the challenges her daughter had to face because of her predicament.
At first, it was challenging. As she grew, she struggled, mostly with her sight. She couldn’t see things right in front of her! Even in school, she would be put in front and still not see.
“At every level, Princess worked extremely hard, harder than others. Always trying to prove everyone wrong, and passed. Every time we feared or doubted, she passed with flying colours and moved to the next phase! Miracles before our eyes. Today, she not only finished well from University, she also insists on going for her Masters and is conquering all her fears.
With the objective of financial support to the students King’s College London is providing King’s-HKU Joint PhD Scholarship 2019/20 to the commencing students.
Candidates with all nationalities who commence a full-time PhD program at the university are eligible to apply for the merit-based awards.
King’s College London ranked amongst some of the world’s most prestigious universities. It is the research-intensive university with a global reputation for academic discovery and teaching. King’s is in the top seven UK universities for research.
Why you should apply at University?
King’s College London provides candidates with an internationalized curriculum and experience which creates global citizens connected to international networks and employable anywhere in the world. It provides support and training with high quality personal, professional, academic, & career development opportunities
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2019
- Course Level: award is available to pursue a PhD degree program
- Award: support will cover the full tuition fees, stipend and an annual research grant
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: The studentships are open to the candidates of all nationalities
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Candidates of all nationalities are eligible to apply for the merit-based awards
- Eligible Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded to study the PhD degree program in one of the following areas Chinese Studies Research, Comparative Literature Research, Dental & Craniofacial Sciences Research, English Research, Film Studies Research, Geography Research, History Research, Medicine Research, Linguistics Research, Mathematics Research, Music Research, Nursing & Midwifery Research, Physics Research, Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience Research, War Studies Research offered by the University of Hong Kong.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following eligibility criteria:
Candidate must be international students. The applicant must be due to commence a full-time joint PhD program run in collaboration between King’s College London and the University of Hong Kong during the 2019/20 academic year.
Applicant must have applied to King’s College London as the home institution and submitted all the required application materials by the funding deadline.
Pursuing a PhD may lead you to a better job. With a PhD degree, you can get an excellent path into the different professions according to your research areas. You can apply for jobs where you’ll continue to use your academic subject knowledge like Dental, Research, Nursing, and Neuroscience etc.
The mode of application is online.
How to Apply:
- To apply for the merit-based awards, the applicants must submit an online application form
As part of the application, the applicants must submit all the following required documents:
- English test results (if applicable)
- The joint PhD Travel Plan form
To be considered for the merit-based awards, the applicant must need to apply for the admission through the given link: https://apply.kcl.ac.uk/
The university will provide all the following:
- The support will provide full tuition fees, stipend and an annual research grant.
- How it Works: The sponsorship will support the tuition fee and research grant of a student.
Dates and Deadlines
Scholarship deadline is July 31, 2019